Thursday 9 August 2012

Weekword: inspiration

Weekword is hosted by Timballoo, this week it's inspiration.

As you've noticed I've been quiet these past few weeks, as I've been away from the computer, getting some inspiration! Time has mostly been spent cycling around, gardening, cooking and eating and some DIY.
This week's project has been our studio. As I'll be spending much more time here from now on (yay!), we needed to rearrange things. I share the studio with my boyfriend, who's an architect. The main thing we needed was more space for our paperwork and other stuff. So after cleaning out the space we had we also created some extra space.

We drove past this boring office furniture store, they had some interesting wire racks outside. The next day while in the shower (I always have ideas in the shower...) I realised we could make them into a sideboard, with the help of an old door. So off we went to a store that sells old building materials. After looking through lots of half rotten doors we found something interesting. It was mostly the combination of colours that caught my eye. And they got even better after some sanding. There are lots of different colours in there, grey green, blue, lime green and somewhere underneath even a beautiful purple.




3 comments:

  1. Those colours are lovely, I thought it was a seascape at first glance. And you're right - inspirations always strikes in the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating to see what beauty is lying there waiting to be discovered. Inspired and creative, two great gifts.

    ReplyDelete